In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> > I attached a VBScript CustomAction to a Control.
> >
> > [Control Id='Next' Type='PushButton' ...]
> >   [Publish Event='DoAction' Value='PerformTests']1[/Publish]
> >   [Publish Event='NewDialog' Value='VerifyReadyDlg']TestPassed=1[/Publish]
> > [/Control]
> > [CustomAction Id='PerformTests' BinaryKey='MyScripts' VBScriptCall='Perform
Tests'/]
> > [Binary Id='MyScripts' SourceFile='MyScripts.vbs'/]

The problem is that your custom action changed a property and Windows
Installer didn't recognize that the property you changed was used in a
subsequent control event and was using the old value of the property
in the control event condition.

I've worked around this in the past by setting the property to itself
in a control event after the DoAction control event.

<Control Id='Next' Type='PushButton' ...>
  <Publish Event='DoAction' Value='PerformTests'>1</Publish>
  <Publish Property='TestPassed' Value='[TestPassed]'>1</Publish>