In trying to be consistent in the translations of our installation packages
and was directed to a series of MSI tables for ProgressText and Error
strings that are supplied with the Windows Installer SDK:
%programfiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\msitools\Schemas\MSI\intl\

However, while the ProgressText strings are complete and all great, the
Error strings are incomplete.  For example, the English table (Error.ENU)
has 3 more strings than the German equivelent (Error.DEU).  These are errors
1610, 1611 and 1733.

These strings are also missing from French (Error.FRA) and Dutch
(Error.NLD), I'll assume all if not most languages are similarly effected.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?  Does anyone have translations for
these error messages in German, French and/or Dutch?

Furthermore, specific to WiX, why don't the language files for WiX match
those supplied in the Windows Installer SDK?  Are the WiX ones better or
worse?  I've seen a few missing double curly braces, which I think are
significant in the WiX ones.

Regards,
Gareth