From: jnewton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 09:09
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Scheduling a Reboot After InstallFinalize

I think the problem is that I'm trying to perform this action in a Merge
Module. I have a merge module that installs some underlying driver files and
needs a reboot. The code you mentioned below does work for a MSI but not a
MSM which according to Microsoft shouldn't anyway. I am currently doing the
following:
    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <ScheduleReboot Sequence="7000" />
      <InstallFinalize Sequence="6600" />
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

This works but I guess I'm just worried about anybody that might pull in my
MSM who has modified the sequence number for InstallFinalize to be greater
than the number I hard-coded in.

Thanks