Verbose log file will explain why it is being uninstalled.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dylan Moline (Volt) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 15:01
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Permanent Component being removed on uninstall

Trying to create a registry key which is edited by an application, and keep the
entire key after the program is uninstalled (incase it is re-installed, want
the stored data to remain)

Here is the sample code. However, every time I install, it creates the proper
key, but when I uninstall via ARP, it removes the entire key.

<Component Id="foo" Guid="xxx" Permanent="yes">
            <Registry Action="createKey" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\foo\blah"/>
           </Component>

I've checked the package with ORCA, and it shows the component table with the
attribute of 16, which should translate properly to "permanent".

Even if I manually go in an add a string/Dword, it still all gets removed on
uninstall.

Am I missing something? (using wix 2)