Yep, you've found one reason why we say, "SelfReg is evil."

-----Original Message-----
From: Dylan Moline (Volt) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 15:19
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Permanent Component being removed on uninstall

Ahhh, the joys of SelfReg (and fixing someone else's code).

I have DLL's which are being registered to the same key, so when they get
un-registered, its taking the permanent key along with it.

I assume the only way to get away from this is to get rid of all of the DLL's
using selfreg and moving to a better solution?