In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    "Wilson, Phil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> That's interesting - my custom actions are usually so specific in what
> they do is that I just let them be called anyway and let them figure
> out what changes need undoing.  I suspect I had similar issues as the OP
> with the "Installed" condition, and perhaps didn't trust that a
> component-action condition would be tkhe same during rollback as during
> install.

Because the feature/component action state conditions are coupled to
CostFinalize being run first, we tended to avoid them on our custom
action conditions.  However, I don't see that it would change the
situation.

An install action and a rollback action can't have the same name and
they must be scheduled separately.  You can have both CustomAction
table rows point to the same underlying code and it can detect whether
or not it should install or roll back.

However, you're still left with sequencing the two CAs (rollback
should come first) and putting conditions on them (they should be the
same).

Whether or not "Installed" appears in the condition is entirely
separate from the point I'm making.