Hi all,

I'm having a problem with installs made with Wix V3 running on Vista and Server
2008, I have a custom action that opens a view on a custom table using
Session.Database.OpenView(string) then it tries to add a record to the table
with the view using View.Modify(ViewModifyMode.InsertTemporary, Record).

This works as expected on Server 2003 and XP but on Vista and Server 2008 this
results with:

CustomActionException:
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.InstallerException: Function failed
during execution. Database:  Table(s) Update failed.
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.View.Modify(ViewModifyMode mode,
Record record)

and the error code inside the Exception is 1627.

I´ve not been able to find useful information on this error with search engines
but the closest thing is in this comment
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/11/25/6522370.aspx#8593314 however
there is no usefull information there only that someone has run into the same
problem.

Best regards,

Kjartan Þór Kjartansson
Forritari / Software Developer