Hi There,
I am looking into using WIX instead of the standard windows setup and
deployment project for the  deployment of a solution to one of our clients
in work.
(The appication interacts with outlook using the outlook interop assemblies
and is written in c# VS.NET 2005).

I have read through the tutorial and I have installed WIX 3.

the application i want to install will need to
1. check for the .net framework and install if version not present.
2. check for office 2003/xp PIA assemblies and install of not present
3. add a custom protol handler to the registry

Can anyone point me in the right direction for information on creating some
kind of bootstrap installer for .net and the PIA asssemblies.

Also i am having some difficulties with creating nested registry entries. i
cannot seem to get the correct syntax for creating registry keys within
registry keys

my application needs to define a custom protocol handler in the registry:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa767914(VS.85).aspx
if anyone could show me how to create these registry enties using wix i
would be very grateful!

Kind regards,
Barry