From: David Reed (SQL) (via Nabble)
[mailto:ml-user+60230-489561...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: 29 January 2009 17:46
To: Daniel Schmitz
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Wix - integrating Microsoft SSIS package into
setup

Been there, done that a few times. It depends on the package, Daniel.
How are the package configurations setup? Environment variables? User
registry keys? XML config files? I've used all three, including
manipulating the XML files at installation time to persist user
selections made during setup. Warning: oob functionality in SSIS doesn't
support configuration in HKLM.

Are you planning to execute the package immediately post-installation?
I've had trouble with environment variables in that scenario, but user
registry keys and XML files work fine.