On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Olivier Cochelin wrote about Re: [WiX-users] Why is...:

> MSI requires for each component a KeyPath to check if the component is
> here or not (when repairing an install for example).
> Typically a Keypath is a file, folder or registry key. If the component
> contains items that are user-specific the KeyPath must also be
> user-specific.
>
> So you can add something like the following to define a KeyPath for your
> component:
> <RegistryValue Root="HKCU" Key="Software\MyCompany\MyApplication"
> Name="Installed" Type="integer" Value="1" KeyPath="yes"/>

Got that.

The problem is the shortcuts aren't supposed to BE user-specific. It's supposed
to be a per-machine installation.

That's what InstallScope='perMachine' is supposed to set, as far as I can tell.

Or am I missing something?

> And probably also something like that to remove your folder from the
> Start Menu on uninstall :
> <RemoveFolder Id="D_App_Menu" On="uninstall"/>

Had that, I just didn't include it in what I sent to the list.
[The whole set of 90 .wxs files ends up over 1 MB in size.]

--Curtis

--
Curtis Jewell (Perl-programming e-mail)
p...@csjewell.fastmail.us

Your random numbers are not that random
                            --perl5.8.8/util.c

[I use PC-Alpine, which deliberately does not display colors and pictures
in HTML mail]