Do you need to handle upgrades? If so, how are you going to handle file
renames, deletions, etc?

I wrote my own utility (in C#) to rip through a directory and generate WiX
source (similarly to heat.exe) except that it specifies FileSource differently
so that I don't have to touch up the generated source (I wish heat had a
similar feature). I'm using one component per file and letting candle generate
the component guids. We run the utility on every build so the generated wix
source is always "up-to-date". I haven't tested upgrade scenarios where a file
gets renamed, moved to a different directory, deleted from the tree, etc. Every
build generates a major upgrade so I'm hoping everything will get handled
correctly by windows installer but I don't know enough to be certain.

--
Edwin