From: Jon Seanor [mailto:jsea...@fortinet.com]
Sent: 05 February 2009 21:30
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Localizing a WIX installer

Hi again

It looks like this distribution list doesn't like RTF!

The params I'm using are:

-cultures:"zh-CN" -loc localization\zh-CN.wxl -loc
"%wix_bin_dir%\localization\wixui_zh-CN.wxl"

Jon Seanor wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build a localized installer but I'm not getting the
> results I expect.
>
> I am feeding these params into Light to create a Simplified Chinese
> language installation.
>
>     *-cultures:*"zh-CN" *-loc* localization\zh-CN.wxl *-loc*
> "%wix_bin_dir%\localization\wixui_zh-CN.wxl"
>
> However, when executed on a Simplified Chinese OS, all the localized
> text consists of "?????????".
> Both wxl files are utf-8 and when opened on a Chinese OS display the
> expected characters.
> So, it's as if Light has converted the utf8 in the localization files
> to ascii during the build
>
> Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or where should I start
investigating?
> I'm using Light version 3.0.4624.0, if that matters.
>
> Thanks
> Jon
>

> *** This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient.  Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto. ***

------
> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with
Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and
code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power
of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR
SDK and
today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com