I don't know how the internals of the COM+ custom action work but this
does sound like a bug to me.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Burton [mailto:adz...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 09 February 2009 13:40
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] COM Plus Applications and Major Upgrade

Good thinking, that worked.

The next question is, should this be necessary? Is the ComPlusExtension
using its own custom actions or something, rather than using stuff like
the
ComPlus tables provided by Windows Installer? Just seems to me that it
should be able to handle this in the same way something like
ServiceInstall
does.

Adam

2009/2/9 Neil Sleightholm <n...@x2systems.com>

> Where do you have RemoveExistingProducts scheduled? Have you tried it
after
> InstallValidate so that is removes everything before reinstalling.
>
> Neil
>
> Neil Sleightholm
> X2 Systems Limited
> n...@x2systems.com <mailto:n...@x2systems.com>
>

> ________________________________

Upgrades

------
> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with
> Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and
code
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power
of
> local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR
SDK

------

------
Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with
Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and
code to