Reading the tutorial at http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson4.php once again,
I'm even more confused: "You have to [do a major upgrade] when you change the
name of the .msi file for any reason.". But who on earth would distribute a
small update to an existing product with the same .msi file name?!? Especially
as a small update is considered to only replace a few files. And what if the
user decides to rename that file?

I _assume_ that what I am trying to do is exactly the above: a small update
(don't want to uninstall) with changing file names (featuring the date of the
build or build number). Is this really not possible?

Michael

--

Michael