If those bracketed items are supposed to be the standard MSI property names,
they're incorrect. What you need is [COMPANYNAME] and [ProductName] .

Phil Wilson

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Bleckner [mailto:co...@binarynoise.net]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:14 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Non-adminstrator installation

Hey Brian,

Sorry for the confusion, I don't think this is a UAC issue (and no, I don't
get a UAC prompt, setting the InstallPrivileges to "limited" seems to be
suppressing that for me).

But I didn't know about the space in folder name restriction.  The location
I was trying to install to was C:\Program Files\[Company]\[Product name]
where [Company] is a single word and [Product name] is two words.  I tried
changing [Company name] to [Company-name] but I'm still getting the same
error.

Do you know what else would cause that error?  I assume (and hope!) the
space in "Program Files" isn't.

Cheers,
Colin