Hi SMR,

Make sure your <Publish> is nested under the <Control> of your "Next"
button.

<Dialog Id="Dialog1" Width="370" Height="270" Title="[ProductName] Setup">
        <Control Id="Next" Type="PushButton" X="236" Y="243" Width="56"
Height="17"
Default="yes" Text="Next">
                <Publish Event="DoAction" Value="CheckUser.Property"
Order="1">1</Publish>
                <Publish Event="DoAction" Value="CheckUser"
Order="2">1</Publish>
                <Publish Event="SpawnWaitDialog" Value="InvalidUserDlg"
Order="3"><![CDATA[VALIDATEUSER <> "1"]]></Publish>
                <Publish Event="NewDialog" Value="SetupDlg"
Order="4"><![CDATA[ProductID
AND VALIDATEUSER = "1"]]></Publish>
        </Control>
</Dialog>

This works for me... or just put your <Publish> codes outside
<Dialog><Contron> by assigning directly the Dialog and Control ID:

<Publish Dialog="DialogName" Control="Next" Event="DoAction"
Value="CheckUser.Property" Order="1">1</Publish>
<Publish Dialog="DialogName" Control="Next" Event="DoAction"
Value="CheckUser" Order="2">1</Publish>
<Publish Dialog="DialogName" Control="Next" Event="SpawnWaitDialog"
Value="InvalidUserDlg" Order="3"><![CDATA[VALIDATEUSER <> "1"]]></Publish>
<Publish Dialog="DialogName" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="SetupDlg" Order="4"><![CDATA[ProductID AND VALIDATEUSER =
"1"]]></Publish>

And make your your CA is working properly, try doing test with MessageBox()
so that you can see if it works properly with your next button.

Regards,
Romeo