You can also run process monitor from sysinternals to see if there are
other load failures.

-Brooke

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Bone [mailto:sb...@pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:19 PM
To: Tina Basinger
Cc: Wix Group
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Trouble running custom actions without VS
installed

I'd check to see if the Microsoft.SharePoint assembly references
something
else.  The last step I can think of is to set up and run the Fusion Log
Viewer tool (Fuslogvw.exe) and see if it is related to an assembly
issue.  Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

Info on Fuslogvw.exe:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/suzcook/archive/2003/05/29/57120.aspx

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Tina Basinger
<tinabasin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am running on 64-bit Server 2008 with UAC turned Off.
>
> My custom action references System, System.Data, System.XML,
> Microsoft.SharePoint, Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller, and a
helper
> assembly that I own.  The helper assembly additionally references
> System.DirectoryServices, and System.ServiceProcess.
>
> When I call MakeSfxCA, I am including Microsoft.SharePoint,
> Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller, and my helper assembly as
support
> files.  I am also including a CustomAction.config that specifies a
> supportedRuntime version of v2.0.50727.
>
> I don't see anything in my event log that ties to this problem.
>
> Thanks!
> -Tina
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Steven Bone <sb...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Is this Vista or Win7 (elevation/impersonation issues)? Is it 64 bit?
>> Are you doing interop in the Custom Action code?
>> Is there anything in the system application event log?
>> Are you referencing any assemblies that are not part of the .net
BCL's?

<tinabasin...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> It is a managed custom action, that I've run through the MakeSfxCA
tool.
>>> .NET is installed on the machine.
>>>
>>> -Tina

>>> of these... It could