From: rh_maill...@mac.com [mailto:rh_maill...@mac.com]
Sent: 15 July 2009 14:21
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] WixLibrary project WixUI declarations

I'm new to wix and have a couple of wix projects in our solution.  I'm
now trying to put the UI setup in to a common WixLibrary that our other
setup programs can link to.  I'm using Wix 3.0.  I've created a library
project with the following code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
        <Fragment>
    <!-- Setup the UI -->
    <UIRef Id="WixUI_Minimal"/>
    <WixVariable Id="WixUIBannerBmp" Value="Banner.jpg"/>
    <WixVariable Id="WixUIDialogBmp" Value="Dialog.jpg"/>
    <Icon Id="AddRemove.ico" SourceFile="addremove.ico"/>
    <Property Id="ARPPRODUCTICON" Value="AddRemove.ico" />
  </Fragment>
</Wix>

The images Banner.jpg and Dialog.jpg live in the library project folder.
This library references the WixUIExtension dll and it builds find.

I've then created a wix project that references this library but when I
build that and run the resultant setup, I don't get the 'minimal' UI, I
just get none (well, the progress bar doing the install).  If I put the
above code inside the actual wix project, then the UI works as expected.

Are Wix libraries not meant for pre-compiling Wix code such as UI
behaviour?  Or do I have to do something else to get the actual wix
project to link correctly to the library?  I've just added the library
as a project reference.

Thanks

Russell

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.