Scripting CAs are generally considered more brittle than any other kind of
CA, so they are not as preferred, IMO.

However, that being said, I don't think that adding a Python script
interpreter would be a terrible burden.  I wouldn't make it part of the
distribution, but you should be able to easily build yourself a WiX
extension that includes your interpreter DLL, and stores the script text in
a table.

It seems like a basic implementation would be fairly trivial, but I'm
willing to bet the reality is substantially different, and you'll run
headlong into issue after issue...  But it could certainly be done.

Chris