I was curious to see how other people validate their installers to ensure
they install the correct files, registry keys, etc into the proper
locations.  For example, if somebody on your development team says a file
needs to be added to the installer and it needs to be installed into xyz
directory, how do yall verify it was installed?

I would like to develop some automated test application that determines
this.