Heat (in a "default" state) runs the DLLs passed to it in a
self-reg-in-a-sandbox environment, so yes, that dll is modifying those registry
values.

-----Original Message-----
From: Castro, Edwin G. (Hillsboro) [mailto:edwin.cas...@fiserv.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:38 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] TCP/IP Corruption After Uninstallation of
WiX-generated MSI

Right now I am using -sreg -scom -svb6 on that particular invocation of heat.
There are other files included in that execution so I'm hoping that nothing
really needs any of that registration stuff.

But, if I am understanding you correctly, that dll really is modifying those
registry keys/values during a self-reg process!?

Edwin G. Castro
Software Developer - Staff
Electronic Banking Services
Fiserv
Office: 503-746-0643
Fax: 503-617-0291
www.fiserv.com
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail