Bob,

Sorry to trouble you.

Our tests show different behaviours of this dialog when installing from
local disk or CD room.

Our installer of single MSI file is about 400MB. When installing from CD on
a low spec machine, this "Preparing to install" dialog box is displayed
immediately, then OS hangs while reading MSI file . After 3 minutes, the
first MSI dialog is displayed.

When installing the same MSI file from local disk, the hour glass lasts
about 3 minutes, then "Preparing to install" dialog box is displayed, and
the first MSI dialog is displayed immediately after.

Do you know why we have "Preparing to install" dialog box is displayed at
different time?

Thanks, Shibo