Hi all,

Are majority of the people using WIX version 3.5?

I tried installing WIX version 3.5 on top of 3.0 version; after the
installation of 3.5 I can't load any of the projects in visual studio;
that I was working or developed using previous version (wix 3.0).

Checking the error message returned by VS 2008, I copied the following
files in "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.0"

WixTasks.dll

wix.targets

wix.ca.targets

This allowed me to load all the projects (setup and custom action
projects) or even the setup project.

Once the project was loaded, I tried compiling the whole solution (which
contains the setup project and Custom action project).

And was unable to compile the Custom action that was part of the
solution... and these are the errors I am getting in VS 2008 when I try
compiling:

Error     3          The command ""..\sdk\MakeSfxCA.exe" "C:\Documents
and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\obj\x86\Debug\Pre
InstallCustomAction.CA.dll" "..\sdk\x86\SfxCA.dll" "C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\obj\x86\Debug\Pre
InstallCustomAction.dll" "C:\Program Files\Windows Installer XML
v3.5\SDK\Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.dll;C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\CustomAction.conf
ig"" exited with code 3.

Error     1          The "ExactAssemblyVersions" parameter is not
supported by the "Light" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task,
and it is a settable public instance property. C:\Program
Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.5\Wix.targets

Error     2          The "Light" task could not be initialized with its
input parameters. C:\Program
Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.5\Wix.targets

"MakeSfxCA.exe"  is present under the WIX 3.5 installation directory...
but for some weird reason VS is not showing the fully qualified path to
MakeSfxCA.exe(normally under 3.0 release version, you would see the
whole path where MakeSfxCA.exe is); in the output window I saw the
following error which was different from the error window

"..\sdk\MakeSfxCA.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\obj\x86\Debug\Pre
InstallCustomAction.CA.dll" "..\sdk\x86\SfxCA.dll" "C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\obj\x86\Debug\Pre
InstallCustomAction.dll" "C:\Program Files\Windows Installer XML
v3.5\SDK\Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.dll;C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Wix
Samples\WixSetupSamplesCustomUI\PreInstallCustomAction\CustomAction.conf
ig"

Is there something I need to do before I can compile a wix 3.0
solution/project files under WIX v3.5?  Or should I revert back to 3.0
version of wix.

(I tried installing wix 3.5 because of sample code I found over the web,
which required 3.5)

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

khan