I have another problem with my installer, or rather, not so much a problem as
an annoyance.

I have collected all string in my WiX project in a .wxl file, like this:

<WixLocalization Culture="en-us"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/localization";>
    <String Id="SelectLanguageDlg>Select Nationality</String>
    <String Id="SelectLanguageTitle>{\WixUI_Font_Title}Select Language</String>
    <String Id="SelectLanguageDescription">Select the language of the
installation.</String>
</WixLocalization>

My  intention is to collect all strings in one place, so that when we one day
decide to localize the installer, it is fairly easy to do. In any event I think
it is kinda a best practice, instead of having hardcoded text scattered all
over the place.

However, this results in my MSI being placed in a en-us subfolder. It is not
critical, but it IS a bit annoying. I don't really wish to localize my
installer, I just want to collect my strings in a "resource file" for the
eventuality that I one day wants to localize it.

I am a bit stumped by this, because the UI strings, and others strings seems to
be "localized" (I looked in the source code) in the same way, and unless I
include a .wxl file myself, I don't have to bother with the Culture thing when
these are included.

I checked my project settings, and the culture field is empty, and yet,
light.exe still insists on adding a -cultures:en-us to the parameters.

How do I prevent WiX from assuming I want to localize and still be able to
collect all my string in a resource file?
If this is the way it has to be, then so be it, I'll live with it, but it is
annoying that Light does this.

/Thomas