During my install I need to add some nodes to an xml file. These nodes
will in addition have up to two attributes.
The xml file itself is fairly simple with no really structure, just a
single root and a bunch of children.

Basically the xml file is structured like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Storage>
    <StorageItem name=".." value="..."/>
    <StorageItem name=".." value="..."/>
    <StorageItem name=".." value="..."/>
</Storage>

As far as I can tell, the way I add nodes and attributes to this, is
like this:

<util:XmlConfig Id="NodeId" Name="StorageItem"
File="[INSTALLDIR]configuration.xml" ElementPath="/Storage"
Node="element" On="install" Action="create">
    <util:XmlConfig Id="FirstAttributeId" Name="Name" Value="Checked"
File="[INSTALLDIR]configuration.xml" ElementId="NodeId" />
    <util:XmlConfig Id="SecondAttributeId" Name="Value" Value="True"
File="[INSTALLDIR]configuration.xml" ElementId="NodeId" />
</util:XmlConfig>

Of course, I can probably write an xml code snippet to help in this, but
still...

This seems rather cumbersome, is that really the best way to add nodes
and attributes to an xml file?

/Thomas