I tried looking at the wix.targets but do not understand msbuild adequately.
Are the many var.Projectname.xxx and var.Solutionxxx variables passed in on
the command line with -d or are they written to a .wxi file or does candle
take special input for variable somehow besides the -d option? Seems
unlikely a command line could be built with all those -d variables without
exceeding the allowed length.

The reason I ask is that I have a Powershell script that I am using to build
all my .msi files for all my modules for both x86 and x64 and would like to
simulate passing in the project variables. It runs candle via cmd.exe so I
think I would be subject to a command line length limitation.

Thanks, Dave