Nevermind on this question. I created a dummy project and looked at the
output window and saw that they really are all -d options:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3\bin\candle.exe -dabc=xyz
-dhello=456 -d"DevEnvDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\IDE\\" -d"SolutionDir=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\\" -dSolutionExt=.sln -dSolutionFileName=CmdMan.sln
-dSolutionName=CmdMan -d"SolutionPath=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\CmdMan.sln" -dConfiguration=Release
-dOutDir=bin\Release\ -dPlatform=x86
-d"ProjectDir=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\XTestWixProject\\" -dProjectExt=.wixproj
-dProjectFileName=XTestWixProject.wixproj -dProjectName=XTestWixProject
-d"ProjectPath=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\XTestWixProject\XTestWixProject.wixproj"
-d"TargetDir=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\XTestWixProject\bin\Release\\" -dTargetExt=.msi
-dTargetFileName=XTestWixProject.msi -dTargetName=XTestWixProject
-d"TargetPath=C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CmdMan\XTestWixProject\bin\Release\XTestWixProject.msi" -out
obj\Release\Product.wixobj -arch x86 Product.wxs