From: Bob Arnson [mailto:b...@joyofsetup.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:49 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] UI Display question

Tom Crozier wrote:
> but does not beep until 10 seconds after I cancel the dialog. (For some
> reason the SpawnWaitDialog is blocking the CA from running)

I suspect that's how it's supposed to work. SpawnWaitDialog is typically
used to show a costing dialog, which is shown until a system property is
set by a background task. It looks like it doesn't return until that
condition is true, so DoAction doesn't get a chance to execute the action.

I think you need another approach.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/