Van: Sascha Beaumont [mailto:sascha.beaum...@gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 5 november 2009 0:53
Aan: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Onderwerp: Re: [WiX-users] Read ProductID (PIDKEY) from registry

Assuming that PIDKEY is just a property you're setting, you'll
probably want to set the property to a default value (e.g. DEMO) and
do a RegistrySearch to overwrite it if you can find an existing PIDKEY
in the registry.

 <Property Id="PIDKEY" Admin="yes" Secure="yes" Value="DEMO">
      <RegistrySearch Id="RegSearch_PIDKEY" Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\My Company\My App\1.0" Name="SerialNumber" Type="raw" />
    </Property>

Sascha