I basically want a one file setup, but my content is way above 2 GByte. Thus
I will have something like my_product.exe, my_product2.cab, my_product3.cab,
The EXE contains the MSI, the my_product1.cab, and some other stuff. When
executed the content of the EXE is copied to a temp directory and then the
installation is launched from there. Of course now the Installer doesn't
find the other CABs as they are in a different directory.
The obvious, easy, but not very elegant, solution is to modify the launcher
EXE to copy the CABs into the temp dir, but this has a few drawbacks, like
filling the disk with another few GByte and making the user wait for the
copying.

I was hoping that I could get the installer to use the CABs from their
original directory. I could pass the original directory as property to the
MSI, but I have no idea what to do with that information.

Any hints?