From: XorPtr [mailto:reaper4...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 8:07 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Patching problems with alternate directories

Hey Tom,

I managed to get a verbose log of a good and bad uninstall (seemed the
easiest place to start.)  INSTALLDIR was set properly in both logs.  The
issue with the uninstall prevents itself with only the data files used
by
our application being removed.  This holds true for the other issues as
well, the data files don't seem to be causing a problem.  The binary
files
and documentation for our product remain behind.  In both logs their
directory data is also the same, which naturally means it works fine
when
installed to the default directory.

There isn't really any key difference between the binary files being
installed and the data files.  One difference being that all the binary
files are being installed under a single component (which I know is a
rule
violation but the ruling to do it this way is happening above me).  I
also
don't see how it could be contributing to this particular problem.

http://n2.nabble.com/Patching-problems-with-alternate-directories-tp4102