We never patch, so that won't be an issue.  Thanks for the suggestion
regarding admin installs.

In the past we have never really supported repair either.  So, we
strive to prevent it from being triggered.  We always use the
ARPNOREPAIR, but the question of "automated" repair came up and we
noticed it is still possible to trigger a repair action via that
mechanism.  We are trying to prevent repair not abort it as I might
have suggested above.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Blair <os...@live.com> wrote:
> You could simply drop the AdminExecuteSequence (and AdminUISequence) tables.
> That would prevent administrative installations. I also echo the question of
> why.
>
> Disabling repair is a bigger "why?".
>
> If you are referring to the Repair button in the "Programs and Features"
> window just add the ARPNOREPAIR property <Property Id="ARPNOREPAIR"
> Value="1"/> to your <Product> element. That will still allow triggered
> repairs based on broken installs as well as patching and non-major upgrades,
> but I personally prefer to see products that allow Repair from the Programs
> and Features window.
>
> If you have custom actions or other issues that break when repair is run,
> you should seek to fix those instead of disabling repair. Those issues
> aren't just "repair" issues, they are also upgrade issues (and possibly even
> remove issues) that should never be shipped until you fix them.

Tony