From: Tom Crozier [mailto:tcroz...@rackwise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:20 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Signing problems

All - I have had problems trying to sign one of my installers. Smaller msi's
sign without any problem but I have an 800Mb msi file that will not sign.

I have tried signing it on 2 different machines

One of them gives me the error

       SignTool Error: ISignedCode::Sign returned error: 0x80092002
        An error occurred during encode or decode operation.

The other one

      SignTool Error: This file format cannot be signed because it is not
recognized.

I have been able to build the msi with separate cab files and had no problem
signing the cab files (even cabs over 1GB) but I need to deliver a single msi.

I have also played around with setting the CompressionLevel on the Media and
when I set it to none the msi file was 1GB and I was able to sign it from the
machine that complained about the file format but not the other one.

Has anyone seen this before? Your help is greatly appreciated.

-          TC