Hi

I create a chained installer using SetupBld using a commandline like the one
below

setupbld.exe -mi MSI1.msi -mi MSI2.msi -mi MSI3 -title "Foo" -setup
obj\chained\tempsrc\setup.exe -license docs\EULA.rtf -out MySetup.exe

When I launch the exe using /quiet, I still get a progress bar and the
installer dialog with the cancel button. From what I can tell, this dialog
should only appear when launching in passive mode. I've looked at the WiX
3.0 sources for setupexe.cpp and found the following when it parses the
command line arguments

            else if (CSTR_EQUAL == ::CompareStringW(LOCALE_INVARIANT,
NORM_IGNORECASE, &argv[i][1], -1, L"quiet", -1))
            {
                dwUiLevel = INSTALLUILEVEL_NONE;
            }

Based on what I read on MSDN (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370389(VS.85).aspx),
INSTALLUILEVEL_NONE is a quiet install

Any idea how I can suppress the progress bars for the UI completely when
launching the EXE?

Jacques