I'd suggest looking at what's causing the problem rather than assuming a
blanket upgrade to Windows Installer 4.5 as being a solution since
Windows Installer 4.5 isn't even pushed to Windows XP machines by
Windows Update, it's a manual upgrade. Considering I have people
complaining about things like XP SP3, MSXML 6.0 SP2 & .NET 2.0 Framework
being pre-requisites of our application (and thus my installers) all of
which are pushed out by Windows Update I'd find it hard to push
something to users which even Microsoft don't.

Writing some Properties to the Registry during install then retrieving
them using RegistrySearches during Uninstall is pretty low in terms of
complexity so if it's failing on Windows Installer 3.1 there's going to
be a reason for it. Are you Properties being populated before they're
attempted to be written? From your logs on an earlier post I'd have to
guess that they're not.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer