On 08/03/2010 13:37, Bob Arnson wrote:
> On 3/6/2010 8:22 PM, Paul Baker wrote:
>> We're now thinking of registering our COM server using RegistryValue
>> elements, where RegistryValue/@Key contains "Wow6432Node". Does anyone
>> know of any potential problems with this approach?
>
> You might want to listen to what the code is telling you: What you're
> doing isn't supported; just put 32-bit components in the 32-bit file system.

We ran into a similar set of issues and went for the simple approach of
putting the 32 bit components under Directory/@Id="CommonFilesFolder".

It has the disadvantage that we're forcing the files onto the system
disk, rather than giving the user the choice of where to install them,
but in our case they were small enough for this not to be a big issue.

--
Cheers,
John