> ALLUSERS="2" is a valid setting.

Yes, ALLUSERS=2 is valid in general, but I'm interested to know why my
installer was perfectly happy with it - even when the source file
contained:

<Condition Message="...">ALLUSERS=1</Condition>

> As Thorsten said on his reply, don't worry too much about locking that
> type of thing down.

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I think I'll leave things as is:
default to ALLUSERS=1 and if someone is competent enough to change it,
hopefully they are also competent enough to deal with the problems
that may occur!