I'm finding that the Directory/@SourceName property seems to have no effect. If
I define my source files in a fragment as follows (using the initial example I
gave):

<Media Id='2' Layout='DocFiles' />

<Fragment>
        <DirectoryRef Id="INSTALLDIR">
            <Directory Id="dir1234" Name="documents" SourceName="DocFiles">
                <Component Id="cmpABC" Guid="*">
                  <File Id="getstartguide" KeyPath="yes" DiskId="2"
Compressed="no" Source="$(var.DocDir)\doc1.pdf" />
                 </Component>
          </DirectoryRef>
</Fragment>

The installer still tries to find "doc1.pdf" at the same level as the msi
(instead of in the relative DocFiles\ subdir). Is this some kind of bug?

sanjay