directo...@source

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjay Poria [mailto:sanjay.po...@xanalys.com]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 3:47 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Installing from embedded CAB file and Folder

I think i'm nearly there but have one final hurdle. I have defined 2 media
elements like this:

<Media Id="1"
       Cabinet='MainFiles.cab'
       EmbedCab='yes'
       CompressionLevel='mszip'/>
<Media Id='2'
       Layout='DocFiles'  />

The idea is that files from the Media=1 will be embedded into the msi and
the files from Media=2 will be picked up from a directory relative to the
msi. So on the distribution media all I have is:

Setup.msi
DocFiles\doc1
        \doc2

The problem is that when I run the installer, it still expects to find files
(doc1, doc2) in the main directory (at the same level as the msi) instead of
the "DocFiles" directory. When building, the installer actually creates the
source structure as above (which made me think everything was specified ok).

Any ideas?

Thanks
sanjay