Hi,

When I specify for instance the directory where the shortcut should be I also
have to add a component to delete that folder when uninstalling, eg:

[code]
      <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">
        <Directory Id="ProgramMenuDir" Name="MyAppGuiSetupShortcutDir">
          <!--For some reason we have to specify that this directory needs to
be removed on uninstall, and for that we need a component-->
          <Component Id="ProgramMenuDirRemoval"
Guid="7EA2C014-17A0-41F8-9C0C-78602939CEDB">
            <RemoveFolder Id="ProgramMenuDir" On="uninstall"/>
            <RegistryValue Root='HKCU'
Key='Software\[Manufacturer]\[ProductName]' Type='string' Value=''
KeyPath='yes' />
          </Component>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
[/code]

Without the <RemoveFolder> tag and the component I get the error:
"The directory ProgramMenuDir is in the user profile but is not listed in the
RemoveFile table."

How come one has to explicitly delete this folder but doesn't have to
explicitly delete the INSTALLDIR/TARGETDIR directory structure? Why it's
automatically done for INSTALLDIR/TARGETDIR but not for this one?

TIA,
Viv