Just a general question: what does Repair do?

I know "Repairs errors in the most recent installation by fixing missing and
corrupt files, shortcuts, and registry entries". But odd something happened.

We have a product which uses Wix 2.0. The product is a plugin for Microsoft
Outlook.
If we just install it, it seems fine. But after that, if we re-install it in
Repair mode, then Outlook will crash after the Repair. I checked the log of the
Wix. Everything seems fine - "Configuration completed successfully.". I also
checked the application event viewer. It just says Outlook crash, nothing
useful. So what does Repair normally do? Is there way to figure out what's
going on? And what kind of thing caused Outlook crash?

Thanks a lot.

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!
Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/