Thank you for putting more oil into the fire.

Actually the problem is that it is impossible to learn from the WiX
documentation / MSI documentation that what we actually want is just
impossible, due to two facts:

(a) Both documentations are in part wrong and incomplete which we already
discussed several months ago in different threads (please don't discuss this
again -- it *is* true as some of our older complains ended up in improvements
and additions of the docs already, which proofs my thesis). So sometimes one
just has to ask, even when you have read and understood what the docs say.

(b) In the past 25+ years of coding (yes, I'm one of that old guys with long
beards) I often stumbled about the fact that things *are* possible even if the
docs do not tell. You won't learn about that until you ask (it might be random
that it works on your machine when just trying out).

Also, not all companies can afford people to invest weeks to find out things
others already discovered as being impossible. It is of no additional value.
Maybe someone else knows for sure that it is impossible, so you spare lots of
time and money when just asking.

See, not everybody is asking because he's dumb, lazy, or both. Sometimes asking
is the better approach to RTFM (especially if you already HAVE RTFM multiple
times, invested lots of time, and still did not find the answers).

I understand all what you say, but see, in other forums (and I am writing *and
answering* in lots of them, especially in the Java field) it is *not* wanted
that people post lots of source code and lenghty explanations what already
tried out. So we abstained from doing here. You're right, it would be clearer
what we liked to know. So next time I will post the complete story so that
nobody of you might think that we are dumb or lazy and we can prevent senseless
discussions about forum ethics like this one.

BTW, it is not very nice to write "start to think" when just *assuming* a dumb
or lazy guy. I would always prefer not to assume dumbness or lazyness, since it
leads to flame wars in the end.

Regards
Markus