From: Warloki [mailto:dmytro.vorotynt...@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 May 2010 10:00
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Udgrade example from tutorial doesn't work.

Hello, I'm trying to handle small, minor and major updates in WiX.
I feel sad because it doesn't work for me as it wrote in the tutorial.
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson4.php#4.1
I mean this example:
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/download.php?file=samples/sampleupgrade.
zip&type=application/zip

I want to create product version 1.0.0 and prevent it from update itself
and
be upgrated by product version 1.0.1 (different variants with reinstall
all
and only changes).
Also I want to prevent product version 1.0.1 from downgrading.

I read a lot, including "How To: Implement a Major Upgrade In Your
Installer" and test a lot.

So, I have the same result: properties specified in the UpgradeVersion
section of Upgarde sections never becomes set... I can guarantee that I
specified right upgrade code for product and Upgarde section.

Maybe the conception was changed and I missed something...

The main question is: Whatever I write to UpgradeVersion sections, it
ignores and product version installs, reinstalls itself and downgrades
without errors.