If it's a readme why not use the "Launch an Application after install"
functionality described at
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/run_program_after_install.htm to
simply ShellExecute the RTF? That way you can give the user the option
to see your RTF using the checkbox (if you want to). At least then
they're not limited to the extent of your Windows Installer dialog & get
a richer experience using a proper RTF application. I don't think your
original intent was lost, you just never explained it.

Modifying the WiXUI_FeatureTree in your WiX code is a lot easier than
your earlier suggestion of rebuilding the whole WiX UI library from
scratch as shown by Neil S's blog. You don't even have to copy the
entire thing, only the dialogs you wish to change, everything else you
just reference from the WiX UI library.

Also a lot of the stuff you've asked in the last week would've been
answered by a perusal through the manual and/or tutorial.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer