In our installer we would like to allow the users to select install directory.
However, we want to install it one directory off of user's choice. i.e. if the
user chooses c:\ we want to install it to c:\MyApp.

I am able to achieve this with

<Property Id="INSTALLDIR" Value ="[TARGETDIR]\MyAPP"/>
<Directory Id="TARGETDIR"  ...>
<Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name=".">
.
.
</Directory>
</Directory>

<Feature Id="MyFeature1" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Level="1">
<Component..../>
</Feature>

Our product has two features First one is in wxs file but second is in a merge
module. It is written in the wxs file and works well if installation is done at
TARGETDIR which is chosen by the user. With the above mentioned scheme also it
ends up at TARGETDIR instead of installing at TARGETDIR\Myapp.

Second feature is also coded with ConfigurableDirectory as INSTALLDIR

<Feature Id="MyFeature2" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Level="1">

What do I need to do to make sure that both features are installed at
TARGETDIR\MyApp ?

I have also tried  to use a custom action at the beginning of
InstallExecuteSequence to reset INSTALLDIR to TARGETDIR\MyApp. It seems to me
that the target address of components in the merge module gets resolved as soon
as the user makes a selection of TARGETDIR so any resetting later makes no
difference but for the components in the feature in wxs file, target adress
gets resolved after the INSTALLDIR is reset.

Thanks.

Umesh