Hi All,

I have hit a conundrum here. I have an immediate custom action that gets a list
of IIS application pools to be displayed in a ComboBox for user selection.

Now as this needs to be executed before the user interface is shown, i have
made
this an immediate custom action. This seems to work fine for IIS 5.1/6.
Today i tested this with IIS7 but to my dismay, it requires elevated
privileges,
something that cannot be done with an immediate action.

The solution then is to make it a deferred custom action, however i am given to
understand that these can only be scheduled to run in the
InstallExecuteSequence?
If that is indeed the case, how can i create a custom action that can run
before
the UI and use elevated privileges?
Or is there a better way to get a list of application pools that does not
require administrative access?

For your information my custom action is written in C# and uses a
DirectoryEntry
to query the IIS metabase.

Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Christian Froehlich