That will only work if you run it from the InstallUISequence and if you do a
basic or silent mode install the InstallUISequence is skipped completely.

Chaining from within an MSI just doesn't work the general (might work in
very narrow use cases). That's why you need a bootstrapper.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC