Dear Wix Experts:

We have a CustomAction DLL written in C. How to debug it?

There are a few posts about it:
Post1:
http://www.davidmoore.info/2010/06/28/how-to-debug-a-windows-installer-custom-action/

Post2: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2005/06/17/430320.aspx
Post3: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368264(VS.85).aspx

I tried it in Windows 7. I did set MsiBreak, but that famous "message box"
never
showed up. So I tried it in XP, the "message box" showed up. It says "To debug
your custom action, attach your debugger to process 5632(0x1600) and press OK".
I opened Windbg.

Post1 says "attach the process", Post2 says "Open Executable...". I tried both,
neither works for me. In both cases, I got "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be
found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -
ntdll!DbgBreakPoint: 7c90120e cc              int     3" in Windbg.

Questions:
1. What's the problem here?
2. Should I attach process? Or should I "Open Executable..."?
3. If I should attach process, why it doesn't work?
4. If I should "Open Executable...", what the "File name" and "Arguments"
fields
should be? For example, the "File name" should be "C:\Temp\MyApp.msi" or
"C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe"? How about arguments? Should it be "/i
C:\Temp\MyApp.msi"?
5. Why it doesn't work in Windows 7?

If you even debug DLL CustomAction, pls let me know.

Thanks!