Ugh, missed that, sorry. There was a fix that should have fixed a regression
so the tools ran out of proc with MSBuild by 3.5.2312. If that didn't fix
the problem, I expect this is a repro of a heat bug that heat doesn't handle
cross process code well. I think:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2950615&group_id=105970&atid=642714
captures
the issue.
 Something we will have to tackle in the future but not making the WiX v3.5
release.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC