Just an update on this. I tried changing the Component GUID, but
realized that that won't work, because the files still target the same
location, so I get the same error. That is, it's not looking up the
Component GUID for determining if the component is pre-existing, but
rather the destination itself.

Any suggestions on how to cleanly get around this issue?

--Quinton